Established in 1985, The Florida Literacy Coalition (FLC) promotes, supports, and advocates for the effective delivery of quality adult and family literacy services in the state of Florida.
As a statewide umbrella literacy organization and the host of Florida’s State Literacy Resource Center, FLC provides a range of services to support more than 300 adult education, literacy, and family literacy providers throughout Florida. Special emphasis is placed on assisting community-based literacy organizations with their training and program development needs.
Suggested Donations for the Florida Literacy Coalition
Adult Basic Education and Literacy Instructional Materials
- GED Math by Steck-Vaughn Company
- Contemporary's Complete GED: Comprehensive Study Program for the High School Equivalency Examination by Patricia Mulcrone
- GED Language Arts - Reading; by Steck Vaughn
- GED- Language Arts- Writing Steck Vaughn
- GED Science by Steck-Vaughn Company
- Preparation for Citizenship by Steck-Vaughn Company
- Barron's GED with CD-ROM (Includes CD-ROM) by Murray Rockowitz Ph.D.
- Oxford Picture Dictionaries - monolingual and bilingual
- Oxford Picture Dictionary Workbooks - all levels
- Citizenship study guides or workbooks
- Any adult readers - Penguin has a series of adult readers
- Any English language, spelling, or phonics workbook that is suitable for adult learners
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do you See? by Bill Martin Jr./Eric Carle
- Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? By Martin/Carle
- Any book by Eric Carle
- The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
- The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
- Oh the Places You Will Go by Dr. Seuss
- Children’s Bibles
- Children's dictionaries
If you have any books that you would like to contribute please get them to Maura or Ann-English by April 26, 2010.